Monday, August 18, 2008

Font Geek

I am a font-collecting geek. I will freely admit it.

I have disk upon disk of fonts. Stacks of them. I've maxed out a couple of old hard drives simply with fonts.

I even tried once to install WordPerfect with all the fonts available on the install drive. (Just don't tell anyone....)

Yeah...not a good idea unless you want your computer to run really really slow. I haven't tried it in a while, so I do not know if it was just the speed of my old machine.

Anyway, I got all geeked out when I saw this test.

Here are my results:

You Are Courier New
You have a deep appreciation for tradition and history.

You don't eschew modernity, but you do have a deep reverence for the past.

You are very literate. It's likely you enjoy writing and reading.

Some people may feel you're a bit cold, but you just have high standards for who you hang out with.



I'm a little surprised at how accurately it pegged me. However, I wish to state for the record how I feel about Courier New: I only use it to prepare my Sunday School lesson notes, because it's easily legible from a distance. It's not my least favorite font, but it's not on my list of favorites either. In fact, I'm leaning toward "dislike" of the font in general.

The rest of it though is amazingly spot-on.

No comments: